Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Tour de France

2»

Comments

• Thats a very good question. Dehydration alone...questionable. Alp D'Huez is a climb of Olympian proportions. If one is seriously down on fluids and salts the recovery period after the climb should be greater than 24 hours.
    What I suspect is that his team hooked him up to a drip and rehydrated him with saline and dextrose overnight and probably combined ice baths to wash the lactae out of his system.
    Mind you Supreme athletes need less recovery time than us mere mortals so its doable.
  • Would a coffee high colonic be of any use?

I know it works wonders for me.
  • That could work also:D
  • Quig, you should cut down on that. Daily is too much, even if you do consider it a mouthwash.
  • Landis regained the Yellow - however will there actually be a race made of it on the last day.

For as long as I can remember it pretty much was a sprinters day but that the Yellow was typically unchallenged.

I think that might change tomorrow.
  • possible, emmet, but highly unlikely.

even if by remote chance an attack were to be mounted, his phonak team mates would have him so cocooned as to make any attacks succeed.

besides, the yellow jersy after the penultimate stage is a man much respected and feared by the rest as an impossible target to bring down...thats why he's in yellow at this stage.

;);)
  • Unlikely yes but back in '88 or '89 it was the Yank named Le Mond vs Fignon (whom I always like when he was with the Gitanes Team w Hinault) and it cam e down to 8 seconds won o the Champs....

That remind me of a joke.

Why IS the Champs d Elysees lined by trees?
  • Originally posted by MCSF
    Unlikely yes but back in '88 or '89 it was the Yank named Le Mond vs Fignon (whom I always like when he was with the Gitanes Team w Hinault) and it cam e down to 8 seconds won o the Champs....

That remind me of a joke.

Why IS the Champs d Elysees lined by trees?
    That was a time trial.
    I remember Hinault en Zoetemelk (in the eighties??), who were the no. 1 and 2 in the GC that year and because Zoetelk tried to escape, Hinault followed him. They lead the bunch for at least 50 kms. before they sprinted in Paris. Hinault won (ofcourse).