Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Honda livery?

Is this for real or just a pr-stunt? A few Dutch sites show the following picture of what is supposed to be Honda's new livery:

Comments

• if it's true: finally someone willing to depart from white liveries
  • If its on a Dutch site it must be true.
  • Honda must have money to burn..
  • Were it true, it would not be bad.

But can't be true, Honda do not have a revolutionary/flamboyant philosophy.
  • Well it's official now, they just presented it as their new livery.
  • Ok, then...they surprised me....and I like it!
  • their marketing department were obviously flat out over the winter... !
  • ^^ Flat out pulling cones.
    Originally posted by manlio27
    Ok, then...they surprised me....and I like it!
    Really? I hate it.
    Makes those Jordan Bahrain liveries looks good.

Official Pic

[Edited on 26-2-07 by Clown]
  • I'm not sure about it. It looks great at a well lit media presentation but what will it look like going through the Curva Grande at 200mph+ wont it just appear as a bluey green blur?
  • wow, that's very daring. does that mean, they have no sponsors whatsoever?
  • Originally posted by forzaminardi
    wow, that's very daring. does that mean, they have no sponsors whatsoever?
    Here's more to read about the sponsoring:

Article
  • Apparently the drivers, team gear, trucks webiste etc wil lall still carry sponsorship but not the cars.............

I can see that being a difficult concept to sell to sponsors
  • Originally posted by minardirule
    Apparently the drivers, team gear, trucks webiste etc wil lall still carry sponsorship but not the cars.............

I can see that being a difficult concept to sell to sponsors
    The upside being that you're associated with a popular movement. I guess.
  • On my first quick glance it looked like a Prost with Mildew.

But at least it has no red so it should be easier to spot in the pack
  • Three cheers for Honda.

This is an exceptionally good initiative and they should be applauded.

• Here's more to read about the sponsoring:
    Reading that article reminded me of "heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire human race..."
    [quote]
    Here's more to read about the sponsoring:
    Reading that article reminded me of "heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire human race..."[/quote]

the rumours are Al Gore is asked to be testdriver.......
  • his ego wouldn't fit into the car
  • His Oscar could be used as ballast ;)
    his ego wouldn't fit into the car
    An Inconvenient Truth..........
  • Lease, you've surprised me. How the hell you can get behind that livery.... when did you become an EcoNazi? ;)
  • Originally posted by MinardiP1
    Lease, you've surprised me. How the hell you can get behind that livery.... when did you become an EcoNazi? ;)
    Looks like someone's trying to get some mattress time with some hippie chicks.
  • For 2008 thay partially changed the livery, but not the results, apparently: winter tests are of course always not fully indicative, as any team may test what they want, still Jenson and Pubens got the worst chronos at Barcelona tests, 1.4 seconds slower than Red Bulkl and McLaren.....if it goes on like this, poor Jenson.....
  • I'm from Polish Bartek
  • I'm from Dutch Stan

Sorry, couldn't resist ;)
  • Livery has changed but the Honda still stinks in testing. Oh dear, Jense. Williams look promising but McLaren and Ferrari are still clear leaders.
  • I'm very curious to see what Macca is gonna do this year: last year definitely (apart from Ferrari material.....) most of the merit for the quick comeback to the top has to be ascribed to Ferdy, now we have to see if Clewlis is a real superchampion!

And I'm curious about BMW as well, this will be a crucial season for them, we have to see if they'll be able to keep upfront, or they will make a quick return to the back as it happened to Jordan in 2000, to Toyota in 2006 and to Honda in 2007.
    First tests were not that comforting, and apparently Heidfeld is facing enormous problems to handle the car, Kubica seems a bit more at his ease.

I definitely can't wait for Melbourne!
  • I definitely can't wait for Melbourne!
    Neither can I. If Bernie has his way this will be my 3rd last Aus GP. Cheers Mate!!!

Not really expecting any surprises come Melbourne. Fred will finish in the points (not podium).

It will be a red and silver podium. However, Melbourne tends to spring surprises.

If the weather plays its part maybe Honda and Red Bull can sneak a few points.

Lets see...