Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

The Ashes

2»

Comments

• Oh what a shame KP will miss the rest of the series...

Seriously! it's a shame, for someone. You know who you are.
  • The tour match with Northants didn't do much for Johnson - his confidence is shot.
  • Yes, but he will still probably play. Spinners will probably miss out this test.
  • Good news for you Baggy Greens. Brett Lee has declared himself fit and Andrew Flintoff has been ruled out of the 4th test.

On a personal note I wish the ashes would end, both teams are no were near as good as either side makes out. I want the ozzy's to win the 4th test and the 5th to get washed out and the series ends with a massive anti-climax. that would suit the series perfectly.

[Edited on 7-8-09 by steamdrivenhammer]
  • Quote by Viges

"Johnson - his confidence is shot."

Hmmmmmm

i will have to look up the definition of the word shot - I thought it meant something else? :)
  • Just glad Stu Clark is back in the side. Poms don't help themselves when 4 of their top 7, average 30 or less against Australia.
  • Johnson isn't good. What he bowled at at Headingley was worse.
  • The Pommy batsmen made Johnson look good. He is still all over the shop.

I would like to see Clark back in the fifth. He showed more promise but not the wickets.
  • Good luck Poms. Let's hope it ends badly for you. I say that in the nicest possible way. :)
  • Day 3 close. Hmm, this looks rather tasty. You lot going to bat for two days?...

PS why no spinner, boys? Ponting is a strange sod.
  • What a series - nothing like 2005 but some pretty good days.

Well done Australia; you played the better cricket, the stats show you scored more centuries but your bad spells were worse than England's.

Neither side is very special but there were some great days of Test cricket.

See you in Brisbane in 18mtnhs. Ponting says he will be there.
  • Why no spinner? Ask the selectors. They messed up this test!!!

Yeah, never been sure of Ponting's captaincy. Then again he came in when the greats retired.

At the moment there really is no stand out player in the team. The bowlers just plodded along. Maybe a fit Lee might have made a difference.

Anyhoo the Aussies have been cocky for too long. A slice of humble pie just might invigorate them.

Ahem, well done Engerlund...