Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Reading

Hej, what are you all reading at the moment?

I am reading Dan Brown The Da Vinci Code and I can't stop!

It's very good.

Anyone read it?

Comments

• Interesting fantasy story but the writing, from a "thriller" standpoint is weak. I hear his books Angels and Demons is better.
  • Wait tillyou get to the end.
    It sems he was out oftime and wrote an endingbefore it was planned. Too abrupt and totally insatisfying.
  • ok i'll read all the book and then I speak...

any other books you read/favourite authors

usually for relaxing reading I also like Jeffrey Archer... he has very twisting stories...
  • I'm reading a biography about Ayrton Senna.

Apart from that, I always read Graphic Novels (aka comics)
  • Reading "Beginning Java2" at the moment. Also considering buying "De broncode" but noone in here has heard of that I guess. Except for some other Dutchies who are still wandering around the dark corridors of these forums...

[Edited on 30/1/2005 by Stan]
  • Communist Mannifesto.
  • Nick Hornby - About a Boy (Don't blame me, it's for school)

• Communist Mannifesto.
    Remember who you will be in an airplane with ans sitting next to for 16 hours. By the time we get back to the City you will be wearing a blue blazer with a white shirt and a red tie, checked pants and be singing the praises of Limbaugh.
  • i'm reading this thread. :spank:
  • Communist Mannifesto.
    well done!:cool:

You will find it very useful when the capitalist world goes berserk!
  • Yeah, let's build a new wall :P

Auferstanden aus Ruinen und der Zukunft zugewand......*sing*
  • [quote]Communist Mannifesto.
    Remember who you will be in an airplane with ans sitting next to for 16 hours. By the time we get back to the City you will be wearing a blue blazer with a white shirt and a red tie, checked pants and be singing the praises of Limbaugh. [/quote]

Is it too late to change seats?

Anyhow, I'm open to reading anything. Shit I might even read Ayn Rand.
  • I'm reading a novel. And I'm wtiting one as well:cool:
  • Just started 'D-Day' by Stephen Ambrose, this author is awesome in the way he bases his books on thousands of personal testimonies and turns it into one coherent intelligent piece of reading. I recommend his books!
  • DOS For Dummies.

Man this stuff is gonna come in handy.
  • "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel. Best read in years.

Also anything by Chuck Palahniuk if you like Vonnegut-esque authors.

• DOS For Dummies.

Man this stuff is gonna come in handy.
    Don't knock it, some of our embedded stuff runs on DOS.
  • Hello Fred Flintstone.
  • Communist Mannifesto.
    Read it a while ago. Too long winded and boring.

Haven't read anything for ages though. Last book would of been The Dice Man (for the 2nd time, think I might go read it again....)
    Here's an excerpt

[Edited on 31/1/2005 by Clown]
  • I can recommand:

J.M Coetzee
    Life and Times of Michael K
    Disgrace

A. Brink
    A dry white season

E. Annie Proulx
    The Shipping News

K. Hulme
    Kerewin

Roddy Doyle
    Barrytown trilogy
  • I have just finished George Orwells 1984, great book, reminds me of 2004 a bit ;)

Just reading Bolivian Diary by Ernesto Che Guerva, brilliant so far.
  • Bolivian Diary is a green book if I am not mistaken, yes that's good - recounts the last adventures of Che.

The page that impressed me most was the photo of Che prioir to going to Bolivia. Complete disguise.
  • Just reading Bolivian Diary by Ernesto Che Guerva, brilliant so far.
    Is that the same as 'the motocycle diaries' on which the film is based which gets great reviews here in the Netherlands?
  • quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Communist Mannifesto.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read it a while ago. Too long winded and boring.
    Too long winded? the bloody thing hardly has 100 pages.
    I don't read for pleasure very often but who hasn't read it yet should read 1984. The Dutchies should read "De kleine blonde dood" and "De Goethe-Industrie". And the Germans should learn another language because I couldn't think of such a thing as a good German book; it's all about the war and weird sexual stuff. Maybe some Kant, he's quite interesting.

Must read for everyone is just about anything you can get your hands on by Machiavelli, that guy rules!
  • [quote]Just reading Bolivian Diary by Ernesto Che Guerva, brilliant so far.
    Is that the same as 'the motocycle diaries' on which the film is based which gets great reviews here in the Netherlands? [/quote]No.'T he Motorcycle Diaries" is based on his journals from when he went on a roadtrip when he was young.
    The Bolivian Diary is Che's journal from many many years later.
  • The Dutchies should read "De kleine blonde dood" and "De Goethe-Industrie". And the Germans should learn another language because I couldn't think of such a thing as a good German book; it's all about the war and weird sexual stuff. Maybe some Kant, he's quite interesting.
    You are right "de kleine blonde dood" is terrific. I don't know "the Goethe-industie", but I'll try it. Did Boudewijn Buch write that one too? I know he's nuts about Goethe.
    I have to disagree with you about German authors. OK, it's a lot about the war, but there a are some excellent books on that subject. Try 'der Vorleser' by Bernhard Schlink. And what about Karl May??!! ;);)
  • yup, that's by Buch as well

I of course forgot a great German author: Jurek Becker. Love his style
  • Must read for everyone is just about anything you can get your hands on by Machiavelli, that guy rules!
    Yeh?

What's he done lately then?
  • Nick Hornby - About a Boy (Don't blame me, it's for school)
    No need to be ashamed, Homer!

Hornby's one of my favorites...if you have the time, read High Fidelity as well (which was made into a decent movie starring John Cusack if you don't have the time).

If you're a footy fan, then you must read Fever Pitch. It's bloody hysterical- one of the best sports books ever written.
  • I read the Da Vinci Code first and really enjoyed it.

Pacy and makes you want the visit places to check out the real details.

Angels and Devils is also good. I wouldn't say you have to read either first.

They're both hard to put down.

I don't consider Tom Hanks is the right guy to play Langdon.

Spin