Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Reading

2»

Comments

• I read the Da Vinci Code first and really enjoyed it.

Pacy and makes you want the visit places to check out the real details.

Angels and Devils is also good. I wouldn't say you have to read either first.

They're both hard to put down.

I don't consider Tom Hanks is the right guy to play Langdon.

Spin
    If I were to chose an actor to play Langdon, Treat Williams would be at the top of my list.

Aside from rereading the Potter books (and the James White Sector general stuff), the last serious book I read was "Boys of My Youth" by Jo Ann Beard

I'm just too tired to tackle something new.
  • Hmmm.... I have to read till the end to see whether Tom Hanks is ideal to be Langdon - I am at the middle of book and yes, I can see Tom Hanks as Langdon.

Just read that permission to shoot at the Louvre had been granted obviously filming will start when the Louvre is usually closed for the public not to intervene.

Does anybody knows who the other actors will be?
  • Just read that permission to shoot at the Louvre had been granted obviously filming will start when the Louvre is usually closed for the public not to intervene. Does anybody knows who the other actors will be?
    I hate to read books or to watch films that are so popular. I know it's stupid, but somehow I don't want to be a part of a hype. Maybe that's why I like Minardi?

About the film:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382625/
  • Hornby's one of my favorites...if you have the time, read High Fidelity as well (which was made into a decent movie starring John Cusack if you don't have the time).
    I know the book High Fidelity, it's really a great book! But "About a Boy" ist just..... well, I can't explain, it's terrible.
  • 1984 is my favourite. I think everyone should read it.

Didn't read the Da Vinci code, I'm not that interested.
    I read High Fidelity, nice.

Books to recommand?
    Hmmm...
    I love american literature: Capote's Breakfast at Tiffany, Raymond Carver,'s books Hemingway's 49 tales, Bradbury's Martian Chronicles...
    One book I'm fond of is The stranger by Camus.

If you want to get in touch with italian literature and to understand Sicily and sicilians you could read The Leopard (Il Gattopardo) by Tomasi di Lampedusa, the masterpiece of italian '900.
  • I've just finished "Crypt of the shadowking" and starting "Minarin, the beginning of time."
  • Now I'm reading an Islam Philosophy Tractatus, but it's deep, heavy lecture so it goes slow. I love Orwell, and Guevara's books are nice.
    Quig LOL on your reply to Jello's interests.
    Personally I love science Fiction, especially Asimov, but besides trying to avoid bestsellers anything that reaches my eyes is welcome.
    I hope any of you fellas have tried any of the best of me fellow countrymen such as Borges, Bioy Casares, Sábato or Cortázar.
  • Yoko I read a spanish book last summer, Perez Reverte's Club Dumas. It was nice, better than yhe film (the nineth gate)
  • Pérez Reverte is nice, I read the one of the war reporters in the yugoslavian war.
  • Finally I managed to finished the De Vinci Code

There is an anticlimax at the end... but the book at its very internal is very good.

I am not looking forward for the film because usually films are inferior to the original book story.
  • I have started a book by Gerald Seymour - "The Heart of Danger" about an English lady found dead in a mass burial in Croatia and her mother's wish to know the truth about her daughter's death. Its the first I am reading something from Seymour.