Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

New Jordan

Comments

• So,Jordan will have 3 test drivers ???
    From F1racing.net:
    Jordan sign Doornbos
    The Jordan Formula One team has signed another Dutchman: Robert Doornbos. The Dutchman has been in the race to secure a race seat at Jordan but lost it to Karthikeyan and Monteiro. On Friday though Doornbos will be announced as test driver of the F1 team at the Jordan Launch in Moscow.

Jordan's sporting director Trevor Carlin told Autosport: "I am delighted to have Doornbos on board. I have known him since our Formula 3 days."

Doornbos was Jordan's third driver last season for the final three races. If he will be in action on Friday again this season will probably be answered on Friday in Moscow.

Jordan did not confirm, nor denied the singing of Doornbos.
  • yer joking!

so it will be van Hooydonk then? or won't we have a test driver at all?
  • So I guess Doornbos will be their Friday test driver then?
  • What about Kiesa?
  • would he want to?
  • so it will be van Hooydonk then? or won't we have a test driver at all?
    Not so fast Austrian whirlwind.......my grandmother at 88 years old is still sitting tight with her fingers crossed waiting by the phone for Mr Stoddart to ring! :D
  • Can't see why he wouldn't? Bas Leinders did it last year!
    He gets to drive an F1 car every race weekend, his sponsors (he must have some if he was in the frame the race drive) get exposure and if he performs well it could help him in 2006. He can also continue his commentary job for Danish TV on the Sunday.

• BTW - the Indian government won't let K man have the tri color of India be his helmet colors.

What the hell are they thinking?
  • From AtlasF1:
    Dane Nicolas Kiesa was also granted a Superlicence; presumably because he had been due to take the second seat at Minardi prior to Friesacher grabbing it.
    Third drivers require a license, too.
  • Surely he already held a super licence as he has already raced for us in 2003?
  • They "expire".
    While most of the grid automatically qualified for Superlicences because of recent achievements, including Minardi rookie Patrick Friesacher, there were 12 drivers whose applications could not be given an instant positive response

These drivers were Christijan Albers (Minardi), Narain Karthikeyan (Jordan) and Tiago Monteiro (Jordan), plus test drivers Luca Badoer, Anthony Davidson, Pedro de la Rosa, Marc Gene, Franck Montagny, Antonio Pizzonia, Alexander Wurz and Ricardo Zonta.
  • Jordan officially confirmed Doornbos as 3rd driver !!!!
  • Thats cleared it up wasn't aware of the expiry.

So that means that Kiesea won't be third driver?

Possibly he could still be as we can apply for one, as he has proved he can actually drive an F1 car. Despite only doing 5 laps this winter.

If we go on laps done over the winter then Chanoch is the only driver who could possibly get a licence (Help!!!!) but he probably does not have the racing experience and would he be much use if he keeps spinning off!

So i believe maybe Stoddies seen sense that we don't really need one for the fly away races to save money for the PS05. We are going to be at the back anyway so there is no real need for another driver to do set up work.
  • quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do they take drunk rugbiers for recruiting?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the american military I'm sure they've taken less.......

Hmmmmm, Im sure thats an insult......... Ah well, shit happens ;)
  • Grandprix.com takes a sceptic look at Jordan's sponsorship for 2005:
    The new Jordan Midland F1 car was unveiled in Moscow on Friday with tobacco brand Sobranie on the cars. Sobranie has appeared on the Jordans before and is a brand owned by Benson & Hedges. It remains to be seen whether or not the tobacco branding will be seen at races after August 1 when new legislation comes into effect in Britain and Europe. The cars also carried Moscow 2012 logos, supporting the city's bid for the Olympic Games although these will become superfluous after July when the International Oympic Committee decides on the venue. Paris is expected to get the Games ahead of challenges from London, New York, Moscow and Madrid. Once that decision is made it is likely that at least one of the cities which does not win will bid for a Grand Prix. London and New York have both been rumoured as possible venues, as has Moscow.

The team is being funded largely by new owner Alex Shnaider who says he is investing $100m a year in the team.
  • The team is being funded largely by new owner Alex Shnaider who says he is investing $100m a year in the team.
    :o :o :o
    this is not a good news for us...
  • aperantly more things are changed than we can see: Robert Doornbos says the team has found 20% more downforce on the car than they had when he last tested the car in december.
  • No offense to Mr. Doornbos intended, but that's pure bullshit.
  • No offense to Mr. Doornbos intended, but that's pure bullshit.
    no, that is what you get with decent testing and aero development in a windtunnel.
  • ahaha. Seriously? 20% is what the big teams reported as a loss from 2004 and were only just able to make up for with 'unlimited' testing and development.

It's bullshit, get over it.
  • ahaha. Seriously? 20% is what the big teams reported as a loss from 2004 and were only just able to make up for with 'unlimited' testing and development.

It's bullshit, get over it.
    Yes, but Jordan DID test the 2005 Aero in December, so they've now have the same downforce as the 2004 aero
  • Using a 2004 diffuser that is simply cut and blocked off to conform? 2004 wings moved around?

No sir.
  • We are talking about Jordan: they actualy have new parts on the car instead of chopping parts of.
  • We are talking about Jordan:
    Right. Enough said. :hehe:
  • [quote]We are talking about Jordan:
    Right. Enough said. :hehe: [/quote]

indeed: 2 laps a race faster than Minardi :hehe:
  • Well, let'S wait until Imola..... ;)
  • We are talking about Jordan: they actualy have new parts on the car instead of chopping parts of.
    Not according to Craig Scarborough.

They also showed up to testing with wings featuring B+H where the paint had faded around the old stickers. :rolleyes:
  • I've heard that Schaider only made a downpayment of a couple hundred thou' for the team.
    He still hasn't payed the whole sum agreed for the sale of the team !!!!!:o

It seems that KKeyan brings $12,-m in sponosrship and Monteiro $8,-m.
    Monteiro's sponsors just paid last week. If they didn't the team threatened to take away his drive !!!!

I wonder if Midland will really invest in the team during THIS season.
    I don't believe they will have a brand new car duing mid-season !!!
  • Gary Anderson also stepped aside from the Midland-Dallara project. It is not looking too good for them, almost all the key personal stopped working for the team.

Minardus, are you dutch? Because your news was on dutch tv last weekend.
  • Half Dutch and half Spanish.

I watched the race from SBS through my sattelite dish, because they don't have commercial breaks.
    Can't stand the commentators though !!!:rolleyes: