Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Superfund on Jordan/MidlandF1

13»

Comments

• Champcar will biuld slowly. It's IRL that has the problems now. Watch this space. I think they'll merge in two years. IRL are now doing street races to slowly get back into the mix.
  • <--- Apologizes to RJ in advance for hijacking his innocent Minardi board with CART acolyte insanity once again
  • CART becoming a spec series does tend to suck, but I remember a few years back thinking of ways that CART could be a little more interesting and knock the socks off the IRL mob.

For starters, have a talk to Chrysler/Dodge about having the Ilmor (Mercedes) powerplants rebranded and put back into action. If Cosworth and Ilmor both worked out a deal to keep the engines in their current, cheap spec (detuned, 750hp or so with no TC) then it'd be a straight out, good 'ol American tussle between Ford and Dodge. That would have to help win over US fans for starters, considering IRL has Honda and Toyota...

I think something should also be done to slow the Lola chassis down just a fraction to bring the Reynards closer to the front. Anything to make it look like there are 'different' cars would be good.

Secondly, ditch a few of the street circuits and try to have a 60/40 split of circuits and ovals. Keep the good street races like Long Beach and Toronto, can the twiddly shit that's been added in recent years. Also run more of the famous tracks such as Laguna Seca, Road America, and expand into Europe a little with Lausitzring and Donnington perhaps.

Basically, try to make CART appear as a mix between early 90's Champ Cars and mid 80's F1. With Formula 1 proper in decline, now would be the perfect time to pick CART up and win over alot of fans.

• The GP really should be a Sydney street circuit event incorporating the SHBridge
    Hmm somehow I think the possibility of race cars flying into the drink may ward this off the 'Possible GP location list'. However it would be good fun. I can imagine a race driver's interview : 'Sure you can race, you have the correct amount of sponsorship, you've got the fitness, but the burning question is....can you swim?' :P
  • Poor Massa will have to replace his HANS for a life jacket:hehe:
  • Replace his HANS device? Yoko he'd have to swap his whole bloody car for a speedboat!!! :hehe:

[Edited on 2/3/2005 by StoddieBasher]
  • Superfund was not on the Jordans today...
  • I noticed that. However Muermans was on the 3rd car.