Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Bahrein GP thread

13»

Comments

• Looks as if some of the other news sites are questioning Brundle's bias...

From Planet-f1

Mark Webber, BMW-Williams, 6th
    Webbo clearly had to work with a car that was threatening to go the same was as Ickle Nick’s and explode. He lost control once in spectacular fashion and had it been Imola not Bahrain there would have been no way back, but he did as much as he could to keep his place.

In the last race Martin Brundle landed the blame for the Fisichella/Webber accident mostly on Mark. The stewards and PF1 readers blamed Fisi. This race it was interesting to hear Brundle relate to the story and say that two or three unnamed F1 drivers had backed him up. Yet even Fisichella had admitted it was his fault!

This time round there was a bit of needle for the way mark was blocking de la Rosa in the closing stages. At one point Brundle described him as “on the edge of doing what’s reasonable.” Yet it looked pretty standard F1 blocking stuff – stuff Rubens does, stuff Massa does, stuff Alonso does.

Is it just me or does Brundle have an issue here?

• He's English.
  • Covered this in another thread.

Gee, you Canberrans are so backward!
  • I was watching with French commentary but I thought Webbo did very well. PDLR never could overtake (like Ralf) - he was faffing about behind someone else earlier in the race, wasn't he?

Fernando to become first Minardi graduate to become WDC, anyone?
  • Until he (Alonso) actually gets pressure from the other teams we won't really know how good under pressure he is. I'll reserve my judgement, but I am leaning toward a Yes though I am unconvinced. I think he tends to get impatient when he can't pass and a little ragged when pushed. Time will tell.

I just hope he and all the others chasing the WDC get a real run for their money. I want to see a close fight, F1 would be the winner.

The other teams will improve fast. I think Williams, TOIT and Minardi (Yes, Minardi :D ) will be the fastest improving teams over the next 3-4 races.
  • Checking the lap times. Freisacher's best lap was 0.5s faster than Albers'.
  • I think Webber's first podium, and win, will come in Monaco. The man knows his stuff there.
  • Fernando to become first Minardi graduate to become WDC, anyone?
    Just possible matey.

But, why stop there.

How about a Alonso, Fisi, Trulli, Webber quadrella at the end of the season. It's Possible!