Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

27/28th Mugellotest-thread

At the PS05 shakedown Albers did a 1,26min.
TOIT's Barrichellodid a 1,21min.

Today TOIT tested again with Gene and Badoer:
Badoer 1,22,416
Gene 1,33653 (it was his 1st time in the F2005)

Wonder what Gene's problem was today!!! :o

Let's see if our boys can improve the handling of the PS05 tomorrow !!!

Comments

• Current Weather Observations:
    sunny 9°C
    Southerly Wind (1 mph)
    Relative Humidity (%): 91,
    Pressure (mB): 1020, Rising,
    Visibility: Good

Weather forcast says its going to be sunny 23/24 degrees C today and tommorow :)
  • that's positive, rain would have ruined the test
  • Still no pics, but I found this one (Silverstone)

Looks nice to me :P
  • according to sportautomoto Marchy Lee will have a go as well...
  • RJ, I will tell you what I also told Salvo:

WE KNOW !!!! We talking about this while you guys were partying in Imola and Faenza !!!!!!;)

Btw, Nissany and Lee will drive the PS04B.
    Pat and Chris will drive the PS5.
  • After the race, when those of us at Imola were walking the track, we wandered down to the pits and got to talking to Massimo. The long and short is that the info gleaned from the race combined with what they can get at the test should be very valuable and may help find some causes for the gearbox issues as well as the twitchyness.

Remember people the 05 debut had very little simulation time. For the car to do as well as it did and not have bits falling off all over the place is just another testimony to the skill and attention to detail that the crew at Faenza has.

Lets just hope they get some rest as they have been hammering for weeks now.

This is why we need a test team by the way. Nissany - any spare change for a whole teast unit?
  • Ehm.. yeah, I don't want to be pessimistic, but it is sure that we're testing today? There are still no pictures on f1racing on no website is reporting about the test....
  • Well, here is an email from a friend in the team:

"I'm leaving again, this time for Mugello tests, so I will be out till Friday.
    Hope to hear from you next week, if I am still alive!"

So somebody is going to be at Mugello testing something 'till Friday.
  • Thanks Emmet. Till Friday? Three days? Cool :D

F1Total.com is reporting now that Albers had a crash with Nissany....

[Edited on 27/4/2005 by Homer]
  • But Homer,
    there are also no pics (or news) of TOIT at Mugello today.
    That doesn't mean that they're NOT there !!!!!;)
  • Thanks Emmet. Till Friday? Three days? Cool :D
    Till Friday means he will be back at the factory at Friday.
    So, 2 days of testing !!
  • Yeah, but normally, f1racing has always pictures from the Minardi-tests at about 14:00.

EDIT: As I allready wrote: The realitiy is a terrible illusion based on the lack of alcohol....:(

[Edited on 27/4/2005 by Homer]
  • Nissany and Albers came together. Damage was repaired but it took time. :(
  • How the hell could that happen?
  • I guess the're not used tot test with more than 1 car at the time :(:(
  • Well, at least, we'll have a nice shot for a caption competition :P
  • Nissany hit Albers. what a stupid guy!!!:spank:
    Why the hell is that guy at owher team, in Imola he hit the bodywork of the PS05 when he walks against it:mad:
  • Nissany and Albers came together. Damage was repaired but it took time.
    Jesus Christ!
    So somebody is going to be at Mugello testing something 'till Friday.
    Friday is probably moving day?

I also have a question.....................Is Marchy Lee driving?
  • No, but he will test the next weeks,
  • From F1racing.net:
    Nissany crashes into Albers

At Mugello the Minardi team began their two-day test to learn more about their new PS05 car. Testing got underway for the Italian team around noon, but was soon halted when test driver Nissany crashed into his team mate Albers when Albers tried to overtake him.

Nissany made a sudden manoeuvre while Albers was overtaking the Israeli. Both cars were damaged but a team spokesperson said the cars should be ok to run on Thursday. It was the second time Nissany tested for the Minardi team. In Misano he managed to complete six laps, spinning in five of them.

More information will follow soon.
  • Nissany in one of the earlier tests this year spun out 5 of his 6 laps. What is the guy thinking? To waste a day fixing the cars rather than testing is just depressing. PF and CA should be the driving every test session to work on race setup due to having so little time to test. This is crazy!!!
    DD
  • the moral of the story:
    we should try to find paydrivers who can drive, and have a lot of experience with racecars.
    This car isn't a Suzuki Swift with 60HP... :spank:
  • :( got no words for this, at the other side you can blame Minardi for this happening, why the hell you let a amateur drive in a car with 900 HP????
  • Is Jordan paying this guy:rolleyes:
  • No, but Upex and Sel&Mer. They are also the answers to your question
    why the hell you let a amateur drive in a car with 900 HP????
  • Is Jordan paying this guy:rolleyes:
    or the Euro NCAP
    I can see the news tomorrow, the new Minardi gets 5 star!
  • Minardi haven't made a press release yet, Ferrari has.
  • What the h...
  • Nisanny , you are some muppet. What a fuckin waste of a day.... :mad: