Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Barna GP thread

Comments

• New rear wing. Notice the 'dished' main element.

• What's very encouraging is that we are getting closer to Jordan, and Albers was under a second behind Klien in the Red Bull and much closer to Villeneuve as well. I'm hoping for points in Monaco too.
  • So, we still don'thave a third PS05 !!!

We need one for a 3rd driver (hopefully Zsolt) to bring cash and to develop the car on GP-friday's !!!!!
  • Yes, Zsolt would be just fine for that job, in the circumstances, if he had money.

Looking better, isn't it, for Albers at least - Friesacher has a fair bit of catching up to do.
  • Friesacher was'nt going for a fast time at the end of the session, he was doing a very long run.
  • I'm sorry folks, but we don't need Zolt tootling around a second off the lead drivers. What would that tell the mechanics. No lets sign a young talent from the GCM stable if there is the money.
  • Friesacher was'nt going for a fast time at the end of the session, he was doing a very long run.
    Friesacher did some fast laps in the middle but at the end he did long runs so as you said:cool:
  • Well, at least Minardi won't qualify P19 and P20 this weekend! ;)
  • Albers' stock is taking a beating this weekend.
  • has he spun off??

I saw STOP behind his name in section 3.
  • Both of them need to pull their fingers out at the moment, Pat 2.25secs off Tiggy's time and CA another 3.5tenths further back.
  • Albers ditched it at banc sabadell.
  • CA in the gravel in sector 3!!! :spank:
  • What about his car?
  • It's fine appearantly, he just didn't hit the clutch early enough.
  • Patrick went a bit faster, but unfortunately so did Tiago
  • No Jordan Beating this weekend:(
  • Tiago is only 2.2 seconds behind the Renault of GCF.......
  • And Pat's another 2.5 behind Tiggy. Not good.
  • I think Minardi was yesterday light and Jordan wasn't, now they driving at low fuel and difference is a 1,5 second with the fatest Minardi time of yesterday.
  • I think there's a bit more scientific explanation than that.
  • And that would be..................;)
  • It could be a myriad of things. Different tyre choices, the effect that the weather has on different teams, the ability of different teams to turn data overnight into performance the next day... or maybe something as simple as them short shifting again due to gear box problems.
  • The Jordan's were both faster as both the Saubers !!!!:o

BTW, on German coverage this morning they said that the PS05 is a completely new car except for the FRONT AXIS !!!!!:o
    They also talked about the gearbox. We finally have a modern box that weighs less then 35 kg and has smaller dimensions, so that there is more room to work with aerodynamics!!!
  • remember the song, just a little patience...

we're improving, that's important.
    in a coupleof races it will get better
    In Imola it was evident that the jordans are doing fine, kartikazz was so close to the redbulls all the time... don't forget they have a toyo engine and that last year they already were here and there 2 seconds faster than us.

Pazienza, pazienza, it's getting better all the time
    (it couldn't get much worse)
  • OK, so the 2nd Saturday session is just over and it's back to reality with the Jordan's 15+16 and the Minardi's 17+18 with 4,7 and 5 sec behind the fastest (Ralf) !!!!!

Monteiro spinned and hit the barriers!
    So, maybe he will not be repaired in time for 1st Quali and our boys can move up 1 place !!!!:hehe:
  • In Quali Albers cut the deficit to Karthekeyan to a second. Freisacher's car looks ragged. Probably not clear on setup. Someone should explain to him its easier to work on setup for the race than just try to pull out a fast time. In the long run you'll be faster as the tyres will be worked less. Anyway lets see what happens under race conditions.
  • I think Q1 was really good! Albers made a few mistakes, but his time was although pretty good. Patrick.... I agree with Petrol, looks like a bad setup.
  • From the onboard shots of CA the car looked a bit nervous in some corners, he almost had to fight it round.. hope they can find a setup that allows more smooth cornering, there are tens of seconds to be gained there.
  • Q1: The Toyotas are fast. That'sa surprise!!!!!

I Dutch coverage said on TV that BStone will have other tyres made for Minardi from next race on.
    I hopethat means more improvement !!!!