Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Webber

2»

Comments

• I also agree Kimi and Alonso are better, but I think that Mark is at least the equal of Montoya, Fisi and Button, and better than Ralf and Heidfeld

As you know, dear P1, I'm a believer and i respect faith:hehe::angel:

But what you said is a matter of faith and that's it.

I don't like Montoya that much, but he definitevely showed something so far. won his races, battled and beatd against MR Scumacher, showed to be good in qualif (at least he was:hehe:. Webber didn't, he qualified well here and there with an empty car (sunday he was the first to pit) and once finished fifth in a race with seven car finishing... it's not that much.

You could object that monty had a winning car and webbo didn't.
    Ok, Fisichella hadn't had a winning car for a decade, and before this year he did one victory, 10 podiums, 1 pole and 1 fastest lap. Webber didn't do anything comparable in anyway to that.
    Button last year was amazing, he showed his talent and did great races. I guess he is not worth Raikkonen or Alonso, but he did show something very good. You can't compare him to webber in anyway.
    Heidfeld got his podiums, finished in the points with a jordan slower than a Cinquecento, used to beat often a teammate named Kimi Raikkonen. He did show something, webber still hasn't done it.

I'm waiting for him, and I hope he will do fine, cos he's a nice guy and a ex minardi driver. But so far, considering him as strong as Montoya or Heidfeld or Fisichella (!!!!) is nothing else than a passionate and romantic faith stance.
  • Good post Salvo !!!!;)
  • Some of you are funny. I didn't say that it's not Williams' fault and only Webber is to blame for the dissapointing results. Clearly the car is poor and probably so is the engine (at least we'll see how good Webber is at car development now).
    I fully agree he's doing at Williams exactly what he did at Jag and Minardi - qualify high and being a moving chicane on Sunday. Heidfeld's race-day pace has been fine in every race he's done, he also hasn't made bad starts. Both of these problems are only being experienced by Webber. What doess that tell you?
    I know he can be really fast but what I doubt is his race craft. Lots of people thought the guy could be the real deal but he just doesn't seem to have what it really takes. It wasn't that long ago when even Purnell called him 'the next M.Schumacher'. For me he's in the same league with Montoya, Fisichella and Button of course. But so is Ralf, Barrichello, de la Rosa or Heidfeld!
  • And the superior league is of course M$ !!!!
    Knocking on the superior league's door are Alonso and Kimi at the moment !!!!
  • Geez... look at the Dutchies come out to play when there's a sniff of blood in the air..... next thing you'll be telling us is that Verstappen has been linked with a mid-season move to Williams.
    Ah come on. Shut up.
    I'm on this website every day. I post here at least once a day.
    And I think there are a couple of people in here who know that I've been saying that Webber was just qualifier ever since I got here.

I will personally order a forzaminardi.com T-shirt and eat if if he'll ever win a championship.

Oh yes, sorry about the 9 points thing. I was looking at a website that forgot to update the stats after BAR got disqualified.

[Edited on 10/5/2005 by Stan]
  • Yeah, you must be right. You know much more than Frank Williams about talent. What was he thinking getting webber.

This critisim of Webber is completely unjustified. I haven't heard anyone that has actually been invloved in F1 say anything negative about him. In fact, Frank Williams backs the talent and resolve of both his drivers. The engineers are the ones that are feeling the pressure.

[Edited on 10/5/2005 by TasM]
  • Let's hope that this ex Minardi driver is "out of his depths" which is a famous quote from him.

Sometimes it is better to work quietly and get the results like Kimi or Heifield and stop blaming everything else. To be in a Williams car and be over taken a couple of times in the few races by fellow competitors is something highly questionable.
    This is not a Jordon, Minardi or Sauber. It is the highly rated BMW Williams that he is driving.

• It's about time! After all the crap that Alex copped from the Oz crowd, sooner or later a Malaysian would have top weigh in to a debate about Webber.

Now, let's see, how to inflame this thing further......................................................................................................ah, got it!

Webber set his fastest lap time on lap 62; supposedly after his tyres had gone off, and he was .2 slower than Heidfeld.

Oh, wait a minute; Kimi's fastest lap was slower than three other guys and yet he won the race. Hmm, can't use that one.

Montoya spun off!! No, that's no good.

Webber's shit!

• ....and Albers set the fastest speed thru the speed trap 322kph!

So what point are you making.......................................

Kimi was consistantly setting fastest laps till the first pit stop. No need to push after that..............he was a mile in front.

Webber set the his fastest lap on low tanks and clean air. If he got the start he wanted, behind Kimi, he would have had his fastest laps at the start.

Montoya spins every race..........................dang fool he is.
  • Ah, the only point I'm making is how dumb the debate is.

So what if Webber is, or isn't the next big thing. He's an honest, hard-working, technical driver who has been lauded by everyone he's ever worked with. Add to that, the fact that he is articulate and contributes more to the media than, "zer kar he's no so fast", and viola; high profile. That puts him in the tall-poppy region and will naturally attract criticism. It is equally true that his adherents don't react well to criticism of him.

Your earlier post was about on the money, Roo; though I would probably add that he is driving untidily in trying to hold position and that doesn't show maturity. For this he should be scrutinised by the race-loving public because the pedestal to which he, and his contemporaries aspire, is crowded wth the greats, and anyone who pretends must prove themselves worthy.

Is he? Jury's out.
  • Lease you know me and my posting...

You should have stayed on your side of the debate. I reckon we could have gone on till Monaco....

Lease, I think we need a catch up soon. Im feeling parched.

[Edited on 11/5/2005 by SuperRoo]
  • Barbie, weekend after this one?
  • Let me check my social calender.