Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

A podium maybe???

124»

Comments

• The number floating around is $10 million but the actual number is a secret of the Concorde Agreement and I have no idea where people are getting that figure from.

Impressive display of flags there.
  • Jordan will be testing this week. I really can't see how we are going to catch up without testing ourselves. :(:(
  • We will only get more money for finishing in the position we are currently sitting. If BAR get more points than us then we will finish tenth in the championship and hence the same money.
    The money we recieve is based on finishing position not points total. Remember last year when Zsolt got his point, Stoddie was saying it was brilliant to get the point but will not result in any more money as we still would finish last in the championship.
  • I can't believe minardi finished a race in the points wit both cars, but I'm not happy at all

We had the cance to get into history, to getthe podium. We fnished lapped by the Jordans

We lost the chance to compete with the Jordans in the constructors championship. We'll neve get thos 4 points to reach them.

Unless Bar will be veeeery unlucky, we'll finish last in the constructors championship anyway.

For me it's muc better to finish 8th in a race with nine cars finishing, it's bette to beat even one trashy jordan than what happened yesterday. I can't see the difference between yesterday and the other aces, we finished last and second last as usual.
    Without the jordans there, of course, it would have been different, because of the constructors championship, but with the yellow cars ahead of us, I can't see any reason to party...

The only good thing is that I've never seen Minardi so much on tv during the race in the past 20 years:hehe:
  • I can't believe minardi finished a race in the points wit both cars, but I'm not happy at all

We had the cance to get into history, to getthe podium. We fnished lapped by the Jordans

We lost the chance to compete with the Jordans in the constructors championship. We'll neve get thos 4 points to reach them.

Unless Bar will be veeeery unlucky, we'll finish last in the constructors championship anyway.

For me it's much better to finish 8th in a race with nine cars finishing, it's better to beat even one trashy jordan than what happened yesterday. I can't see the difference between yesterday and the other races, we finished last and second last as usual.
    Without the jordans there, of course, it would have been different, because of the constructors championship, but with the yellow cars ahead of us, I can't see any reason to party...

The only good thing is that I've never seen Minardi so much on tv during the race in the past 20 years:hehe:
  • I said this to 4eva during the race is that say at 10 laps theres a big smash that wipes out all but 6 cars, ppl would be calling it a good, exiting race!!!!!!
    OZ 2002 ?????????
    We will only get more money for finishing in the position we are currently sitting. If BAR get more points than us then we will finish tenth in the championship and hence the same money.
    The money we recieve is based on finishing position not points total. Remember last year when Zsolt got his point, Stoddie was saying it was brilliant to get the point but will not result in any more money as we still would finish last in the championship.
    Yes, but apart from that TV-rights-revenues are distributed to the teams based on how much air-time they got during the season !!!!
    Yesterday Minardi got plenty of air time, so the $-counter was rolling !!!!!!!:)

Re. Minardi's race: we had a race with very little pressure and we fucked up twice during the pitstops ????????
    Albers' car stalled and Pat's refuellling hose had a problem !!!!
    For once the Minardi pitstops are being shown and we get this !!!!!:spank:
  • Of course they struggled. They didn't have PS's support. There was no motivation at Minardi.
  • duh ??
  • The situation, the pace of our cars and the pitstops were pretty damn bad. The points and the airtime were good.

Thats about as positive as I can get at the moment, I'm sad to say.
  • FIA's official statement about Indy 2005

Formula One is a sporting contest. It must operate to clear rules. These cannot be negotiated each time a competitor brings the wrong equipment to a race.

At Indianapolis we were told by Michelin that their tyres would be unsafe unless their cars were slowed in the main corner. We understood and among other suggestions offered to help them by monitoring speeds and penalising any excess. However, the Michelin teams refused to agree unless the Bridgestone runners were slowed by the same amount. They suggested a chicane.

The Michelin teams seemed unable to understand that this would have been grossly unfair as well as contrary to the rules. The Bridgestone teams had suitable tyres. They did not need to slow down. The Michelin teams’ lack of speed through turn 13 would have been a direct result of inferior equipment, as often happens in Formula One. It must also be remembered that the FIA wrote to all of the teams and both tyre manufacturers on June 1, 2005, to emphasise that “tyres should be built to be reliable under all circumstances” (see correspondence attached).

A chicane would have forced all cars, including those with tyres optimised for high-speed, to run on a circuit whose characteristics had changed fundamentally – from ultra-high speed (because of turn 13) to very slow and twisting. It would also have involved changing the circuit without following any of the modern safety procedures, possibly with implications for the cars and their brakes. It is not difficult to imagine the reaction of an American court had there been an accident (whatever its cause) with the FIA having to admit it had failed to follow its own rules and safety procedures.

The reason for this debacle is clear. Each team is allowed to bring two types of tyre: one an on-the-limit potential race winner, the other a back-up which, although slower, is absolutely reliable. Apparently, none of the Michelin teams brought a back-up to Indianapolis. They subsequently announced they were flying in new tyres from France but then claimed that these too were unsafe.

What about the American fans? What about Formula One fans world-wide? Rather than boycott the race the Michelin teams should have agreed to run at reduced speed in turn 13. The rules would have been kept, they would have earned Championship points and the fans would have had a race. As it is, by refusing to run unless the FIA broke the rules and handicapped the Bridgestone runners, they have damaged themselves and the sport.

It should also be made clear that Formula One Management and Indianapolis Motor Speedway, as commercial entities, can have no role in the enforcement of the rules

For me it's much better to finish 8th in a race with nine cars finishing, it's better to beat even one trashy jordan than what happened yesterday. I can't see the difference between yesterday and the other races, we finished last and second last as usual.

salvo - king of the double post post-whoring. There is a 'delete' function, you Sicilian stud. ;)
  • In Brazil, Bridgestone didn't have the right tire for the conditions (sound familiar?). They brought intermediates, but the conditions ended up calling for full wets (which Michelin had brought). So what did the FIA do? In "the interests of safety," they changed the race format! They started the race behind the safety car and ran several laps that way, which effectively removed the standing water enough to get to a point where the Bridgestone cars could compete.

Is that also not a concession to tyre safety?
    Apart from viges, no one has bothered to address this, so i'd once again like to ask those that say 'regulations are regulations' and then get on their high horse to give me an opinion here without sounding like hypocrites. :rolleyes:
  • i'm gonna keep bumping this until some of you address it.
  • Two wrongs don't make a right.
  • Emmo

when ya get a chance, go to the Atlas site and read this weeks Journal entitled What a Fiasco.
    There are 4 major articles......
    1: Chronicle of a Debacle Foretold by Adam Cooper
    2: Payback Time by Tony Dodgins
    3: The Lesser of Evils by Richard Barnes
    4: The Big Charade by Biranit Goren

wow....this has been one strange couple of days....and I must admit that it has gotten me more than a little worried...... Windsor, Allen, Dodgins, Barnes, and Cooper all have the same outlook on this Indy mess as I do.... I just can't fathom that I agree with the likes of Allen and Dodgins....ugh!........ I gotta get back on taking my meds....................

ciao
  • Brazil was done poorly but it's still an entirely different situation. Having an AMG Mercedes drive around for 15 minutes in front of the field is apples and oranges to altering the track.
  • Not so when the alternative is 2/3rds, and it should have been 18 of 20 do not participate. The biggest difference is that the fans in Brazil got what they paid for namely a race, because all the teams agreed. At Indy Ferrari did not. Had only Ferrari brought wets to Brazil what do you think would have happened?

It is the FIA who has to make these types of snap crisis mode decisions and make sure the show goes on, under protest if need be and sort it out later.