Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

new to forzaminardi and loving it

Hello everyone,

just joined the site. Have always supported Williams and had a soft spot for Minardi. However I've just got sick of all the infighting at BMW & Williams, Ferrari in bed with FOM and FIA, and the whole "corporate" nature of the "big teams", so am now 100% Minardi - racing for racing's sake

I've put all my Williams team gear on ebay! Good riddance!

Comments

• Welcome aboard - where ya from?
  • Born in Sheffield, UK, but live in London now. Work for an ad agency working on SEAT and VW

• Oh well, another ferign devil. At least you speak English.
  • I do speak English but am not familiar with the word "ferign". Any clues????
  • I'm sure my fellow countryman dst or one of the other trouble makers around here will explain it.
  • look forward to it. Been to many races this year? I managed Barcelona, Silverstone and Budapest (met some of the Minardi team in the airport flying back - good blokes) No more until 2006 for me though now. Really looking forward to Turkey. I think it will catch a few teams / drivers out given its design. I have a feeling Minardi can do something good over there
  • G'day higbid, an brief explanation regarding Quigley(MCSF). He's American. That pretty much says it all really. ;) :hehe:

Ferign is how he likes to pronounce the word foreign. He likes to put that special american touch to his english.

We need some new blood in the Minardi marketing dept, so get to Italy and set to work on it.
  • Hey Higbid, you with DDB?

I was there for 5 years in Sydney.

Welcome aboard.
  • Strewth Maaaate, another Pom.

Welcome Mate!
  • So the London branch has doubled, welcome Higbid. Which part of town are you in?

Take a couple of weeks to play yourself in, they're all pretty harmless here.

A few pointers:

AUSSIES (Lease, Superoo, Oznomad, Minardi P1, Brooksey and others) are reasonably entertaining. Most joined in 2002 as part of the Webber wave and, against all the odds, have stuck around. You can spot them by the large chips on their shoulders.

YANKS (MCSF, JelloBiafra, Murph, dst, bernie) hugely entertaining, sometimes intentionally. They form the Provisional Wing of the Gian Carlo Minardi Appreciation Society and lauch regular sorties against Aussie tycoons with the impudence to rescue wonderful F1 teams.

ITALIANS (salvo, manlio) lovely guys still coming to terms with the end of Fisi's career ... sorry, Fisico.

DUTCHIES have calmed down since the rather explosive Verstappen days on this forum.

MALAYS (Factycrab/honourary member Dr Spin) here for obvious reasons. Took huge amounts of flak in the middle of 2002 with great good humour. Wise men. And Cela Trams is gorgeous.

BRITS (Ste, Minardirule, silverghost, me) essentially here to give everyone else a common target. We try to keep them in line but sometimes it's hard.

WEST INDIANS (Petroltorque) a recent bombshell from the medic on his homeland. Technical input very interesting. Not as pessimistic as he used to be or maybe he's just going through a phase.

RJ/FORAMINARDI is the evil mastermind behind this site. We love him.
  • Very good read viges. You deserve the rest of the day off.
  • I am the only member from the island of Malta.

Your Queen will soon visit us in November for the Commonwealth Summit to be held here.:D

by the way, why do you still need the Queen?

p.s. we'll better place these discussions on the FM.com pub forum!
  • Welcome Pom.

• Viges - Glad you didn't defame the Irish! Who acording to a member of the Aussie community are nothing more than "Yank loving fenians"

Welcome mate
  • DUTCHIES have calmed down since the rather explosive Verstappen days on this forum.
    Ah yes, those were the days ;). We do have some Albers' supporters now though. Such as MinardiSquad. It's interesting to see there aren't any serious Doornbos supporters here yet.

Welcome by the way, don't mind me. I'm just a lost Verstappen fan who still hangs around here for the hell of it. Maybe I like the team, who knows.

[Edited on 19/8/2005 by Stan]
  • Hartelijk welkom Higbid!!
  • I'm from Flanders,
    became a real minardi fan when Bas Leinders drove for us.
  • viges. I have never once said one bad word about Stoddie. i like him. He hired Fabiana didn't he?

I have issues but they mainly relate to his poor salesmanagment of not beating on salespeople to get more sponser dollars. Otherwise I rather like his hands off style in the management of the actual team.

Besides, after 18 September I'm going to take on a whole new outlooki. I turn 40 that day. Several great men, like GCM for example, share that date BTW. At that point I think I'm going to start my midlife crisis. The wife won't let me get the Lotus so I'm adopting a new moniker: "maybe goin to hell in a backet but at least I'm enjoyn the ride"

with regard to the Irish. I am only disapointed that none are going to join me for a drink @ Spa. most of my irish friends here in the States are not afraid to toss back a pint wit me. (Have you noticed the names Murph and Quigley are irish expats? me I just went to an Irish Catholic grade schooll... it was the upbringing) ...oh well, looks like I'll just have to find some Flemish farmers daughter to help pull me out of her father's field
  • Ger, I would never defame the Irish - mainly because of damn good taste and bloodlines but I also live in the most Irish part of London!

Neil, we don't need HM but she's the least worst option, in the view of many. I would quite like a rotating Presidency of nice, non-politicians but who would select them?

Higbid, Minardirule is from your part of God's Own County. (RJ, please set up a YORKSHIRE BORES section to the forum).
  • RJ, please set up a YORKSHIRE BORES section to the forum.
    Would that be an English speaking forum?
  • It's interesting to see there aren't any serious Doornbos supporters here yet.
    I'd like to fill up that vacancy... Although: maybe I should retain my press bound objectivity a bit... ah what the feck, it's almost weekend and I've seen to many boats here in Amsterdam: GO ROBERT GO! :cool:
  • I prefer to be called a Texan an not a yank. Even though I dont have a gun, am not a, Bush supporter, or a cowboy. like most of my state.

I do subscribe to the Provisional Wing of the Gian Carlo Minardi Appreciation Society, but I also like Stoddie, except for his marketing department and he needs to lay off the chain smoking.
  • I prefer to be called a Texan an not a yank. Even though I dont have a gun, am not a, Bush supporter, or a cowboy. like most of my state.
    No gun, Democrat?and your not a cowboy? And you call yourself a Texan! Wow
    :hehe:
  • Ya think he's odd - I'm born and bred in San Francisco - card carrying Lifer in the NRA and ridiculously far to the right politically.

• Higbid, Minardirule is from your part of God's Own County. (RJ, please set up a YORKSHIRE BORES section to the forum).
    Simon, your jelousy is truly amazing you KNOW that you love the north really:hehe::hehe:

and we haven't mentioned the Welsh yet;)

Welcome higbid:D
  • Ciao Higbid :D

Welcome to the greatest message-board in the whole internet. D;)
  • SIMON, THANX FOR THE "LOVELY". :hehe:
    CIAO HIGBID, BENVENUTO :D
  • No gun, Democrat?and your not a cowboy? And you call yourself a Texan! Wow
    :hehe:
    As soon as I can afford a gun I will get one, but I rather spend money on going to a grand prix, unfortunately buying textbooks, and my car that loves to break down at the moment. Id also say im more in the middle than a Democrat, if they run Hillary in 2008 Im against her because her stance on video games.
    Generally like how the Euro's run things instead of our gov't.

Country music sucks plain and simple and motor racing is way more interesting than a rodeo.

• [quote]It's interesting to see there aren't any serious Doornbos supporters here yet.
    I'd like to fill up that vacancy... Although: maybe I should retain my press bound objectivity a bit... ah what the feck, it's almost weekend and I've seen to many boats here in Amsterdam: GO ROBERT GO! :cool: [/quote]

You don't count. You've been around here too long now. I was talking about fresh blood.
  • Haha. The days of Jos on this forum - that was something! :D
    But you can't have everything you want, what's good for Minardi is somehow almost always bad for this site ;)
    Just look, the last piece of entertainment was provided by the Stoddart debates but since he finally proved his critics wrong this year it has been so quiet in the forest. Bring back Matt I say!