Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Albers abandons ship...

...and is going to sign a two year deal with Midland. After RBR bought Minardi this weekend, his - and Doornbos' - Minardii seat are in danger for next year.

Comments

• He has his own future to consider, good luck to him. I hope he can finish this season on a high!
  • Good for him.

Good luck young feller.
  • All the best to him!
  • Good luck Albers !

You have driven some impressive races this season. You deserve a place in Formula 1.
  • Best wishes Chrissy-wissy. No Dutchies at Minardi next year.
  • I wish him the best of luck.. he deserves a place in F1...

and so does Doorknobs.. but where would Robert go? i can't see him returning to Midland
  • This move by Albers comes as no surprise.

But I like Liuzzi, at least the Italian commentator will start discussing him and giving his position of the race frequently!
  • As you guys in here know, I've supported the guy quite a lot (not in a financial way, though) during this season. Would have loved him to stay, he pulled off some great things this season as qualifying 15th. I haven't seen that done since Gene in 2000. Very well done, Christijan, he deseves his place in F1!

BTW, I hope that Doornbos will find a seat as well. Let's see
  • THis is good news.

I am sure Paul gave hime the inside knowledge to keep on the look out for a new team.

Albers and Ant Davison.....good team.
  • Is this official? There are also rumours that it is a pre-contract.
  • Would have loved him to stay, he pulled off some great things this season as qualifying 15th. I haven't seen that done since Gene in 2000
    Verstappen 2003 Montreal 15th grid, 9th in race.

But hey, never the less, Albers has surprised me this year in a positive way. However, to me RB is the man for the future: talent and balls. Hope he get a break next year within Red Bull.
  • Nah, it'll be Liuzzi and Speed - hey, maybe we'll get some American fans ...
  • Nah, it'll be Liuzzi and Speed - hey, maybe we'll get some American fans ...
    Lease is going to love that!...............
  • Lease is going to love that!.......
    Lease has his boat.... Maybe 'the American nightmare' is a good name for it ;)
  • Just stop right there.

I do not have an anti-American agenda. Anti-redneck maybe, anti-smartarse definately.

Why on earth would anyone object to a few hundred cliche' spewing, map-challenged good 'ole boys hanging around the place? Surely if one can have this much fun with just a few, then the fun is multiplied when more join in.

Here's a question. It's a tough one. Valetta is the harbour city of which western European Country? Don, you are not allowed to answer.

Almost forgot. The new boat was manufactured in and imported used from the great State of California. See, I aint no hard guy.

[Edited on 12/9/2005 by Lease]
  • Does not matter where it is - we have invasion plans prepared.
  • Valetta is the harbour city of which western European Country?
    POC: Malta
  • Long live the revolution!
  • ... you don't count...

Lease: (and no google allowed) Which countries claim sovreignty over the Spratly Islands?
  • Dammit, it was a question for the Amurricans.

Bloody Euro whackers. Thick as two short planks.

• Well, it's clear that the two Minardi seats for next year are already spoken for.. So, good to see Albers secure a contract for 2006. But has it been confirmed, or is it just a rumor?
  • Oooh..a backfire!

Now I picked something pretty easy. Going to have to guess on this one. And no, the Google is untouched.

I have never heard of these islands but am going to guess that they are probably part of the Aleutians group and go for USA and Russia.
  • Don't bother
  • well, you picked the correct hemisphere

They're located in Southeastern Asia, group of reefs and islands in the South China Sea, about two-thirds of the way from southern Vietnam to the southern Philippines

They are claimed in their entirety by China, Taiwan, and Vietnam, while portions are claimed by Malaysia and the Philippines. About 45 islands are occupied by relatively small numbers of military forces from China, Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan, and Vietnam. Brunei has established a fishing zone that overlaps a southern reef, but has not made any formal claim.
  • ....as it says in the CIA fact book. But how do YOU know about them?
  • I have a profound interest in the fishing industry, it's a bit of a hobby :hehe:
  • ......................and like the Pheonix...................
  • Sorry Lease, too quick on the buzzer.... I love trivia..

And which two countries are involved in an uncontested dispute over Hans Island?
  • "Why on earth would anyone object to a few hundred cliche' spewing, map-challenged good 'ole boys hanging around the place? Surely if one can have this much fun with just a few, then the fun is multiplied when more join in."

that's it. I'm out. I'm moving to the other country I have duel citizenship with ... Sealand. Can you guys send me some dirt? Lease, bring me dirt when you visit on a both that is not good at anything buy ok at some things.
  • And which two countries are involved in an uncontested dispute over Hans Island?
    I don't really care if Canada or Danmark claims the Island. If it's for sale, my guess is that Red Bull will buy it eventually, to start another F1 team from it...