Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Do we like this? (Imola Banner)

../images/content2/imolabanner.jpg

Will cost a fortune but as this is a very special occasion I'm more than willing to pawn my teeth to make a 2mx3m banner of this one...

[Edited on 11/2/2005 by forzaminardi]

Comments

• it's nice.
  • This time I will say it right :

It's Minardi's 20th aniversary, but .... they are 21 years in F1 !!!
  • nope, it's their 21st SEASON in F1
  • MMmm, nice but including the anniversary instantly 'dates' it for following years.

I would prefer a generic banner, without the 20 years, that we could use forever.
  • nope, it's their 21st SEASON in F1
    So, tecnically speaking : in English that's NOT the same ???
    My fault then (again:()
  • My inability to raise enough pesos together with reading all this Imola topics makes me sad :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
  • Banner looks good. I'm sure we can arrange a collection to help cover your costs in imola RJ.
  • Yes I agree we remove the 20 years, this will make the banner good forever!

Instead of proud you can use the word LOYAL

it has more enthusiasm/life in it!
  • Your email said it was to be 3 x 2 meters. In REAL measurements that is 9.8 feet by 6.5 or thereabouts. Remember we put the man on the moon using the inch system.

Not to be the skunk at the picnic but it looks much taller than wide so I imagine the height will be pert near 10 feet?

We need to think exactly about the use of the banner - will it be hung on a fence at Tosa and when not there will we march about with it? How will we support it when we are moving about.

The look of the two logos together is great though.

Salvo - why don't you just pop on by Imola this weekend and take a look about and see where we can hang it. Tell them I sent you - with my new found fame in Automobile Magazine there should not be any problem.
  • Salvo - why don't you just pop on by Imola this weekend and take a look about and see where we can hang it. Tell them I sent you - with my new found fame in Automobile Magazine there should not be any problem.
    only if you pop over to Bismarck, North Dakota and get us some Moose meat.

three meters width, 2 meters height, looks fine to me, just make the 20 a bit smaller..

good point with the 20 though, simon. what shall we put instead? any suggestions
  • How about PROUD SUPPORTERS OF THE FAENZA LIONS

or THE SPORTING SPIRIT OF F1

Hey, can we get the traditional lions at either end of the banner?
  • quig, you must be joking... it's about 1.000 chilometers away.
  • that's why i said he should "jump over" to North Dakota:hehe:
  • how we like this one then?

../images/content2/imolabannernew.jpg
  • Damn shame I can't go with you guys.
    I would be proud to stand next to that banner!!!!!:cool:
  • Banner Mark 2 is superb!
  • RJ
    I like the looks of the second banner as well.
  • RJ/Salvo - yes just kidding but South Dakota is

1. More than 1000kms/600 miles away

2. Not nearly as nice as Imola

3. What is between San Francisco and SD is not nearly as pleasant as what is between Palermo and Imola. Namely Italian girls.

Bravo Signore per il striscione!
  • You have to get into the stands mighty early to get a banner at the front on the fence ya know........
  • Oh - second banner as well but I still think that if it is 3 x 2 you will have to spread out the center letters as it is still too square. In your system can you build a 3 x 2 box around it to see how it will look with a border?.

GCM would dig it IMO.

I just woke up RJ - sick as hell - still need the lion vector file?

[Edited on 12/2/2005 by MCSF]
  • if it is not too much of a hassle, i'm sure yours is better than mine
  • Oh - second banner as well but I still think that if it is 3 x 2 you will have to spread out the center letters as it is still too square. In your system can you build a 3 x 2 box around it to see how it will look with a border?.
    i will if you send me a nice lion

mine looks like a rabid Faenza lion, not good... :hehe:
  • Will look for it - but it could be at work. Monday at the latest.
  • Quig, your italian is getting impressive.:D

Striscione is perfect, but remember, when the word begins with Z or S+consonant, the article is "lo".
    5 dollars, thanks.
  • Thanks Salvo - I went with what sounded right but we WERE instructed that now that I went back and checked my notes. Funny thing is that the Italian popped into my head - I was doing homework last night and will start on some more in a little while.

Ci vediamo!
  • or as they say in Tuscany

ci si vede
  • Cool thing is that my instructor (professoressa), who is a Yank but married a man from Parma and she lived there for three years. She asked where I was going to and I said faenza and she said Faenza was even smaller than Parma. So, I am getting instruction from an Emila Romagna standpoint.