Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Albers will drive for Minardi!

Comments

• Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..............

• why "confirmed"? (in the main page)
    Well, John de Mol was speaking about it on tv in a very open manner, so there is no question about it, Albers will drive for Minaridi.
    you are crazy, this will only show everyone that Albers is'nt F1 material.
    We will see about that. Now Jos is out of the picture I have no doubt Olav Mol will lick Albers boots what agreat tallent he is etc. He will have his chance and I think he can do a good job.

[Edited on 22/12/2004 by vuurmuur]
  • Lets see if the other driver is Zsolt and he can bring that much or more... well we will have to see.
    By the way: GCM said that he's quite sure that Zsolt will be confirmed at the end of this year, so maybe they will also do it tomorrow.
  • I'd rather have a cossie engine than the Toyota.

Hell if Toyaoa can't make it work with 100's of millions invested then what chance has Jordan got?

If there was a team to drive for ours looks like it has a better engine at least. Remeber the 04 cossie was put on the front row a couple times.

It would be good if we got Zsolts and one of the young kids as a reserve. Nxt year is feeling good already.
  • what's the question, salvo?

if there were rumours and it is official now it means he is confirmed no?
  • [quote]Call me crazy but this makes me happy.
    you are crazy, this will only show everyone that Albers is'nt F1 material. [/quote]
    This will annoy the hell out of the V-Fans too. That's like... 8 bird with one stone... or something.
    I must have a sixth sense.
  • I don't think that you can say it is "confirmed". It's sure to 90%, but it isn't confirmed.
  • but there is a question mark in the headline no? (besides, it's 99.9999% sure)

c'mon some anglophone member has to help us out here.
    You say "the second driver has to be confirmed" without implying that the second driver has already had a contract before or have I lost it completely?
  • Nothing, journalism...

THE RUMOURS are confirmed, not Albers.
    Zsolt could be confirmed, not Albers.

• maybe a different usage in Italian?

now where is that viges if you need him
  • but there is a question mark in the headline no?
    Sure it is, I've never said something different.
    (besides, it's 99.9999% sure)
    Possible, but it can also be 99,99999% ( sometimes I love hair-splitting).
    You say "the second driver has to be confirmed" without implying that the second driver has already had a contract before or have I lost it completely?
    Ehm... he can't be confirmed if he has no contract, or he's just signing the contract while the confirmation, but that's unlikely.... or am I getting everything totaly wrong?
  • He's signing. I feel it in my urine.

Next topic.
  • Nothing, journalism...

THE RUMOURS are confirmed, not Albers.
    Zsolt could be confirmed, not Albers.
    If you visit the Homepage of Albers they will tell you (in dutch) that there will be an important announcement tomorrow. You can draw the conclusion yourself.
    TOEKOMSTPLANNEN CA IN 2005?

ROTTERDAM, Nederland, 22 december 2004 – Hou de website van Christijan Albers goed in de gaten, want morgen volgt er belangrijk nieuws over zijn toekomstplannen voor 2005!
    www.christijan.com

• You can draw the conclusion yourself.
    He will get married and Jos is signing for Minardi?:hehe:
  • now look at this

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/motoring/crashnet/2004/07/28/news/formulaone/96630.html

http://www.crash.net/uk/en/forum.asp?cid=1&tid=938&nid=96630

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/3642778.stm

Webber didn't race for Williams before neither did Trulli race for Toyota before. As I said, if it is wrong in Italian let me know, because I used "confermato" in the Italian headline.
    Possible, but it can also be 99,99999%
    And that is why I used a questionmark:rolleyes:
  • I never said something against the headline..... well, let's just wait about 14 hours and he will be confirmed.
  • http://itvtest.haymarketmagazines.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=31108

and another one using the same wording. But I'll leave it up to judges Viges and Lease (who have a very intimate relationship with the English language) to decide
  • Latest rumours suggest that Albers signed for Minardi because he didn't want to wait any longer for Jordan and there was a risk ending up nowhere if he waited till March (he is also not sure about a DTM drive).

Friesacher is rumoured to be Albers' new teammate, but I don't think this will be announced tomorrow.

De Mol is guarantor for the ANB Amro credit, because Trust is not able to do that. But de Mol is no sponsor of Albers.

• so why is his official forum down at the moment?
  • De Mol is guarantor for the ANB Amro credit, because Trust is not able to do that. But de Mol is no sponsor of Albers.
    ???

As I haven't been following the news lately - could you (or someone else) explain it more precisely please?
  • De Mol is guarantor for the ANB Amro credit, because Trust is not able to do that. But de Mol is no sponsor of Albers.
    Can you explain this please?

How can a private individual guarantee the credit of an enormous Bank?

ABM-AMRO operates as a merchant bank in most of the world and is ideally structured to benefit from Formula One exposure. I hope it is them because if Stoddart makes the contract correctly then there should be no issues regarding payment. More importantly, the decision will have been made by a real-live board after careful consideration; not some jumped up millionaire making demands and witholding money.

The other favourable point about them is that they recently relinquished ownership of 'the-company-that-shouldn't-be-mentioned' to Volkswagen and a consortium of Arabs and Greeks. This of course makes one wonder about whether their sponsorship of a Renault driver is really in the best interests of their parent.
  • But I'll leave it up to judges Viges and Lease (who have a very intimate relationship with the English language) to decide
    Is my English THAT bad?
  • That's not just one random individual.

That's the guy who yesterday bought the TV rights to Dutch football which made his shares go up by 9% which means he instantly made a 3,8 million Euro profit by buying something which cost him 35 million Euro. (I know the shares can drop again but trust me the guy is loaded and could give Minardi a Ferrari budget if he wanted to)

What I don't know is why Abers actually needs a credit...
  • Is my English THAT bad?
    Now I didn't hear you say anything either when I was willfully accused of mishandling Shakespeare's language...:(:(

besides, uncle Lease is the poet in here
  • so why is his official forum down at the moment?
    Why do you think? A lot of dutch Formula1 crazy people are on the net.
    As I haven't been following the news lately - could you (or someone else) explain it more precisely please?
    I will try. Trust wanted to sponsor Christijan in F1 but that's not possible because Verstappen has an exlusive contract with them until 2006. If I remember it correctly the bank guarantee from ABN Amro was a way to get round that contract. I'm not sure if the part about John de Mol is correct but that's what I understand of it. It's just a rumour though.
    But John de Mol is not some jumped up millionaire like Perriodon, he is well respected here.
    What I don't know is why Abers actually needs a credit...
    Yeah, that's strange isn't it?

• Well it's now clear to me why he needs a credit - he simply doesn't have enough sponsorship for the seat.
    It's a loan. Albers will have to pay ABN-Amro the amount of money they gave him back or find a sponsor who pays it for him.
    But now what I don't get. Ok we know Trust has that exclusive contract with Jos till 2006, but even if they want to sponsor Albers... Why would they pay the credit back in 2006 if they're not going to have any stickers on the car in 2005 anyway?
  • Did I see Steve/Vfan back in here taking shots at CA??? tut, tut, old son. Jealousy is a curse you know.

Quig, you're American, sorry but as the old saying goes, "Never learn English from an American." Us Aussies put a different slant on the language, you blokes just rolled right over the top of it. ;)

Endemol own a major TV production company here in Australia, I didn't even know it was dutch!
  • I doubt Trust will sponsor Albers coming year. And I think your right about the sponsorship, the earlier announcement on Christians website is taken off and we can now find this instead: AMBITIOUS SPONSORS: NOW BOARDING PLEASE.
    Endemol own a major TV production company here in Australia, I didn't even know it was dutch!
    They also make programs in the UK, including the BBC.

• But then the question is - what business does Mr. de Mol have in guarantying the credit?
  • Endemol own a major TV production company here in Australia, I didn't even know it was dutch!
    and they virtually own 80% of German television

In the 90s, John de Mol's sister Linda was the most important TV presenter in Germany even though she had an outrageous Dutch accent when she spoke German.