Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

IMOLA WEEK AGENDA - PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!!!

Okay - this just in from Faenza. RJ - can you top this for a while?

READ IT THOUROUGHLY AND RESPOND ONLY if you are an atendee.

I'm not kidding - I need to get info back to them and time is tight as they are busy.

Here we go:

Hi Emmett,

thanks, I have received it!

Here below is the program:

Tuesday 19th April h 02.30 p.m.:

Factory tour (about 2 hours)

9 MCSF members (if your are more than 9 pls let me know)

Tuesday 19th April (evening):

Dinner at “La Tana del Lupo”  - Faenza

Please advise how many persons I have to book for.

It’s a Restaurant/Pizzeria, very friendly atmosphere so casual dress is perfect.

The Minardi Club Rome will arrive only on Thursday so they will not attend the dinner.

Wednesday:

A very busy day as the whole Team will move to Imola.

I really don’t think we are able to organize something like karting, also because we are all day long on the track and to a sponsor dinner in the evening. I hope you understand our position, but it’s imperative for us to dedicate an evening to each one. In case something changes, let’s see what we can do. Imola is too close to the factory and it’s our home GP so we spend 2 weeks working night and day. Hope you understand.

Thursday:

Paddock visit for 9 MCSF members.

I will let you know at what time.

Concerning the two people arriving on Friday:

It has been decided that Thursday will be the day dedicated to the M Clubs, so I really think that it will not be possible for them to have a pass (as Mr Minardi will always stay in Imola, to meet him they need to gain access to the paddock).

Also, he will have a very busy schedule and I will not be always with him, so quite difficult to organize something for them.

Anyway, pls let me know at what time do they arrive just in case Minardi spends 2 minutes at the factory on Friday afternoon.

No problem for Mr Minardi to sign autographs! Please bring everything you want to be signed with you at the dinner.

Emmett, that’s all for the moment.

Awaiting for your reply, a big hug and see you soon.

OKAY BACK TO ME

This is the list i have for Tuesday:

RJ
MCSF
Jello
Murph
Patty
Minardirule
Ger
Seamus
STE

ON THURSDAY _ GER DOUBLE CHECK ME ON THIS BUD

The list is as above but with the addition of another of the MCSF Irish Brigade -

J Oshea

Salvo - I will do all I can for youon Friday. Give me a real tight timeline for you - I have a general one but if you can be as specific as possible It would be easier.

Thats it for now.

Comments

• Looks fantastic quig, you've done a great job.

Cannot wait:D:D:D:cool:
  • Envy

:mad::mad::spank::spank:
  • Exciting week ahead of us! Yep JC will be joining up with us on Wednesday night so he's in for Thursday. Just one thing the factory tour is 2 hours are we heading back to Bologna and returning to Faenza for dinner? :D
  • Dinner in Faenza!
  • Dinner in Faenza!
    No what I meant was are we staying around Faenza until dinner or going back to Bologna and coming back?
  • Hell if I know - by that time we will all be sky high - we prob could float back to Bologna.

Prob stay in Faenza - but lets let the terrain decide.

• Cool :cool:

The Restaurant - La Tana del Lupo” - Faenza
    The LAIR Of the LUPO ( 7 Km from Faenza in Imola direction) peasant Restaurant, also pizzeria. Optimal the fish plates. Wide parking. Lower-middle prices :P

[Edited on 6/4/2005 by Ger]
  • PEASANT!

That would be me.
  • Classic!!! That seems all in order. Sounds good, Well done Quig, I think I owe you a beer!!!

only 12 days to go :D

[Edited on 7/4/2005 by Ste]
  • fish :rolleyes:

oh well, not the time to be picky i guess:hehe:
  • Nice article on front page!

:cool:
  • Just a question here guys, what kind of camera are you taking to imola???

Digital, 35mm or APS??

I ask this as i need to get a new camera before I go and I need to weigh up all the pros and cons.

I doubt digital as over the week il be taking a LOT of photos and with no computer to put the pics on the memory card will get full rather quickly so im leaing towards the traditional film type cameras
  • I'm sure Murph would agree Digital is the way to go. Extra memory cards is the answer. I am bringing 3 x 256mb cards which should give me 300 or so pics. Murph has some amazing photo gear he's the man to ask really.
  • Digi and prob my video camera as well.

Prob a few box cameras for film to boot!

I'll look like the photog in Apoclypse Now!
  • Or a Japanese tourist!!!! ;););)
  • Digital is the best way to go, if you take as many pictures as I did at last years USGP, then 3 or more 256mb or higher would be good to have, a laptop if available to d/load after each day would be best if possible. I also had my 35mm and had about 7 rolls. Next time I go I will strictly stick to digital though and carry even more memory cards.

I think I took over 1,000 pics at last years USGP, just wish I had time to organize and put them up on the web.
  • Ste...... I went digital last year. The initial cost is enormous.... camera body, lenses, home computer, laptop or some other device for downloads/storage while on "the road", photoshop CS for your "digital darkroom", and compact flash cards........ but I'm so glad I did. I now shoot with Canon equipment ( reason is they have the sharpest lenses...).

I will be bringing 2 Canon bodies, 400 f5.6 lens, 300 f4 lens, 70-200 f 2.8 lens, 50 1.4 lens, 2 tele-extenders, laptop, battery chargers, and 5.5 GBs worth of compact flash cards. I shoot in RAW so I need all the GB's I can use.

2 1/2 years ago, I got back into photography....I bought Nikon equipment....a F100 body, 80-400 f4.5-5.6 VR zoom, 24--85 f2.8-4 zoom, and an SB-28 autofocus spedlight flash. I bought bricks of Fuji Velvia & Provia slide film and shot up a storm......but the cost of film & developing was $$$...and I had to buy a scanner to digitalize my slides to print anything I liked. I have found that by going digital, I can use my CF cards over and over...plus the price of CF cards has dropped bigtime..... I just bought a Lexar 2 GB card for $180.... it was 2x that 4 months ago. Also, film companies like Kodak are fazing out film production..... All the major magazine companies have gone digital, either with digital cameras or scanning slides from their snappers..... even F1 Racing. If I was starting out...I'd look at the Canon 20D camera body, and buy their 70-200 f2.8 zoom and a 1.4x tele-extender and a 2x tele-extnder. If you do decide that ya want to go with regular film...I do have my Nikon stuff for sale!!! and I will throw in 16 rolls of slide film.......hehehehe

look forward to meeting ya in a week or so
  • See I told you he was da man!
  • Is Albers staying in Bologna, Quigs? That F1Racing article said he was hitting the gym there...
  • It seems like we'll have a forzaminardi member more in Imola
    In the 'versione italiana' bouc told me he's coming if he finds tickets.
  • Salvo

I have been checking the long range weather forcasts for Bologna and Imola ( Sunday April 17.....Monday the 18...Tuesday the 19...) and it seems that there is a 10 degree Farenheit difference between these 2 cities each day.....( Bologna 66F and Imola 56F)......is that always true? We are in the final stages of "packing" and I'm wondering if I should forget bringing my baggie shorts for the race weekend.....'sigh.

ciao
  • Murph - to my discredit I have not done a map recon of ... well anything. have you? I will try and get some time to do a look at internet maps this week - at least enough to be oriented to the aeroporto etc...

What say you?

• Emmo

I've "sorta" did some recon...... airport to Hotel Executive.....Hotel Executive to Train station.....stuff like that.
    I've read that we can purchase train tickets at the Hotel. We've got the tourist guides for Florence & Venice already packed. I got info on that tour of Siena & San Gimignano for Monday... I was told to get to Florence and buy the tickets when we arrive...they are located near the train station in Florence. As I recall, you are the "tour guide" for Venice on Wednesday......

other than that...I'm clueless......
  • My intent is to taxi from aeroporto to hotel - not sure if the HE has a dedicated bus...

Anywhoo - DEF on for Venice - still waiting on word about Monday. What say you Jello - Florence/Sienna/San Gimmy on Monday - 50 euro's + food...?

• This may be the only trip I ever make there, I want to do everything.
  • Dood, you're what 16-17?
    Never again is a lot to say....
  • you never know. nothing to gain by not doing things to their fullest.
  • nywhoo - DEF on for Venice - still waiting on word about Monday. What say you Jello - Florence/Sienna/San Gimmy on Monday - 50 euro's + food...?
    If you're coming to Siena on Monday I'm more than willing to show you guys round. Let's hope the weather improves, it was so nice a week ago but for the last 4 days it's been pouring down non stop
  • RJ - this is a bus tour that leaves Florence and goes to Sienna, San Gimmy (ever been there?) and one other walled city. Then back to Florence. We prob could meet you in Sienna but it is a tour kinda thingy ...

Murph?

I take it Jello has decided so I think we are a go!

• i see

let me know when you're here, I'm sure i'd make a better tour guide :-)