Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

IMOLA WEEK AGENDA - PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!!!

Comments

• how expensive?
  • Too expensive for me!!!
  • too expensive for me too, more than 50 euros each for sure (70 dollars roughly)
    We'll go somewhere else in Bologna.
    I'll get some informations and you'll book from there, RJ with his perfect italian will be able to do it:D
  • Reportedly GCM owns a restaurant in Bologna. we should find out which one and eat there.
  • Great idea
  • Good Idea!!

I was just thinking that next week the site traffic and post count will take a bit of a nosedive!!!!

Then it will zoom back up when we tell all about the trip, then go down again as we wont have Imola to talk about and plan!! I was bored last week so I counted up the number of posts from Imola related threads and came up with over 700!!!!:O:O
  • This trip has taken alot of planning and we're not there just yet, but I think I can be pretty confident that talking about Minardifest '05 will keep the post counts up for a good while:D:D
  • RJ, is it possible to find the first post about all the thing? (i guess I was the one, ehehehehehehe, so proud of myself):cool::cool:;)
  • Too expensive for me!!!
    Come on guys this is why God created Credit Cards!!
  • hmm, with no job and £250 in the entire world i dont think I will be getting a credit card, Iv also just had to extend my overdraft to get money to spend on the trip!! hehe

il be happy on the Monday after the race as my student loan comes in!!!! :D:D:D (still wont take me out of the red tho!!
  • You're drinking on me, Ste. :hehe:
  • I really wouldnt say things like that!!!!!! ;) hehe
  • :o

I'll pitch in at least.
  • Dont be stupid!!!!! There really is no need, you need money to drink and go out with some sexy Italian girls!! ;);););) :hehe:

Plus I meant dont say things like that due to the sheer amount I drink. Last night Me and Kate stopped in, I had 3 litres of cider and half a bottle of wine and she had 2 and a half bottles of wine! (£2.06 a bottle from tesco :hehe:
    )

[Edited on 15/4/2005 by Ste]
  • I'm a lightweight though! :(
  • I shall train you well my young Padawan!

• This being my first GP and all guys, I have a bit of a noob question.

Ear protection-Are the little foam buds adequate? Should I pack some muffs out of the armory? I'm off to buy some of the disposable foam ones now, I know they'd charge you your first born child at the track.
  • The foam plugs should be fine.

There is a great schism on this issue. Hardliners say you can't really enjoy F1 until your ears bleed but I wimp out after about 10 laps and stick in the plugs! Then I take them out for the last few laps.

Where you are sitting also changes the acoustics - for example, I find Barcelona 'loudest' as the soundwaves bounce off various terraces and mounds.
  • I guess I'll play it by ear. har har

Going to the drags it's usually nothing for the lower classes, fingers for the alchy dragsters and fingers really really firmly in your canals or ear plugs for the nitro stuff.
  • Bon Voyage my American chums!! See you Tuesday!!
  • buon viaggio

ps how's your italian doing?
  • Not very well! Well not at all really! Im useless at languages!

Im taking abit of paper with the translations for train station and taxi and things like that so I can get from the airport to Bologna.
  • "ps how's your italian doing?"

What.....they speak Italian !!! darn, I've been taking Gaelic classes! Oh well, guess it will come in handy while I'm burning Viges Union Jack.............................................

as for the Italian..... I'll put myself in both Quig's and Ger's capable hands.........................................

gotta go finish packing.........off to the airport in 2 hours.......
  • Jello: re plugs,

I needed them BIGTIME first year in Melbourne when I was sitting on the main straight and they went past me at full noise, but the last 2 years i've been near turn 1 & 2 when the car's just getting off and then back on the power, and haven't needed them at all.

As said above, it all depends on what the car's doing at the time, and how sensitive your ears are. Mine are pretty sensitive.
  • I'm so excited and I just can't hide it shalalalaaaaa:hehe:
  • cept maybe
    I'm so excited and I just can't hide it shalalalaaaaa:hehe:
    Your not going to start dancing are you RJ?:hehe:

Jello, I've never needed earplugs at any GP except maybe in the stadium section at Hockenhiem with the sound bouncing off all that concrete
  • I do agree about the so excited bit though:D
  • Its finally here!!!!! YAAAAAY I just cant wait till 3AM on tues when I have to start down to Stansted!!!

Now people are starting to go I really really wish I had booked an earlier flight!!!:D:D:D
  • you got my email, ste?
  • Yea I got it!

If I am in troublebe sure I will be phoneig you!